Thursday, August 14, 2008

FREEDOM @ 61












Friends, Republic of India, in few moments from now would turn 61 years. On this great day, while being overseas on work assignment, I miss my parents and motherland a lot. In fact, I miss them everyday!!! I miss that every moment, which I spent in India but on these special days there is something which makes me crave for motherland and fill me with dominant emotions.
The last thing on my mind was to work overseas, away from my motherland, but circumstances overtook my reins.

With my eyes swelled with tears of joy and freedom, I wish my countrymen
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
Let’s make our country the best place to live and world leaders.
Lets make India shine and glow like the Sun.
On this special day I would like to recall the names of
great freedom fighters, the legends of freedom struggle,
Bhagat Singh ,
Raj Guru ,
Sukhdev Thapar ,
Udham Singh
Chander Sekhar Azad and other fighters of Gadar Party
Long Live Subash Chander Bose and all great freedom fighters,
who sacrificed their lives for the future generations of India, who sacrificed their families, so that our kids can be born in free India, who sacrificed their youth so that we can enjoy the bliss of freedom.

"Oh great people, you will remain in our hearts and will remain an inspiration to us all, for our entire life"

Let us all pledge today that we will never let down these immortal great heros and will keep this country in high esteem.
|| Jai Hind||
My appeal to all my countrymen is to close their eyes for 2 minutes and ask a question honestly “Are we descendants of the same freedom fighters?”


Let us all move the government to to take action against poverty, power and corruption.
Let us make another pledge, with same gusto as these legendry fighters did for freedom, on this special day that
-We will not waste power, fuel and food and will certainly be contributors to our great nation.
Do not trust blindly any of the NGO's and other social organizations. Make a sincere effort to go in areas where kids are under privileged, at least on your birthdays and find out what can uplift them i.e. books, clothes, medicines, vocational training, etc. And try to extend these to me.
-Try to plant one tree a year.
Most of you may ridicule my high degree of optimism. But if you come here in UAE, see how they have grown trees in desert, result of determined people.
Would not take much of your time, as I know most of you are busy with shopping lists and daily chores, but in case I am able to coax one friend into same thinking, it would be an
achievement for me on this great day.

Do think about your India and I'll wait for your comments and suggestions.

|| Jai Hind || & Happy Independence Day

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home